Scientific Conference of Russian Pediatricians “Pharmacotherapy and Nutrition in pediatrics” - 2013
250 years for the good of children's health in Russia - state children's health protection service and Scientific center of children's health.
Moscow September, 27-29th 2013.
tel. +7 499 134 - 13 - 08,
fax +7 499 134 - 70 - 01
The All-Russian theoretical and practical conference “Pharmacotherapy and dietetics in pediatrics” was held in Moscow on 27-29 September 2013.
This year it was yet again held in Moscow in honor of celebration of glorious anniversary of the first children’s hospital in Russia. More than 1,300 delegates came from 25 countries to congratulate their teachers and colleagues on that occasion. These are doctors, scientists and healthcare organizers from all subjects of the Russian Federation and from abroad.
Importance of the event for the world pediatric community was reinforced by participation of Professor A. Konstantopoulos, President of the International Pediatric Association, Professor M. Pettoello-Mantovani, General Secretary of the European Pediatric Association, delegation from the American Academy of Pediatrics, representatives of 19 European national pediatric associations and of the Chinese pediatric association in the festivities.
The plenary meeting and the grand opening ceremony of the Conference were held at the Council Hall of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior on 27 September 2013.
The ceremony was opened by the A.A. Baranov, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Union of Pediatricians of Russia, head out-of-staff pediatrician at the RF Ministry of Health, director of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health, the RAS and RAMS academician and the RAMS vice-president.
The plenary reports were dedicated to the key issues of the modern pediatric healthcare within a historical context
- Maintenance of life and health of infants: from the XVIII century to the XXI century (Professor V.Y. Albitskiy);
- Optimal nutrition in infancy as a guarantee of healthy life (RAMS academician V.A. Tutelyan);
- The first center of vaccination in Russia: 250 years of history (Professor V.K. Tatochenko);
- Immunization on the modern stage: experience and prospects of introducing new vaccines (Professor B. Maldonado, USA);
- Russian pediatric rheumatology: yesterday, today, tomorrow (RAS and RAMS academician A.A. Baranov, Professor E.I. Alexeeva);
- Russian and foreign pediatricians: the past and the present (RAMS corresponding member L.S. Namazova-Baranova).
President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin, Chairman of the Federation Council of the RF Federal Assembly V.I. Matvienko, Chairman of the health protection committee of the State Duma of the RF Federal Assembly S.V. Kalashnikov, Minister of Health of the RF V.I. Skvortsova, President of the Fund of sociocultural initiatives S.V. Medvedeva, head of the Federal medical-biological agency V.V. Uyba and President of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs A.N. Shokhin extended their greetings to the participants and guests of the Conference.
Historical excursion continued with projection of film “To the 250th anniversary of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health”.
Many of our colleagues were awarded for merit to the pediatric healthcare:
- A.K. Gevorkyan and E.Y. Varfolomeeva – with badges “For Distinguished Healthcare Service”;
- V.Y. Albitskiy, Y.S. Akoev, T.V. Kulichenko, N.Y. Savvateeva, N.S. Sergienko, O.I. Simonova, S.P. Yatsyik – with Certificates of Merit of the Ministry of Health of Russia.
The awards were presented by Deputy Ministry of Health of the RF T.V. Yakovleva.
Head Scientific Secretary of the RAMS Presidium, RAMS academician V.A. Tutelyan presented T.A. Gosteva, O.S. Gundobina, O.V. Kozhevnikova, M.L. Oreshina, E.G. Sorokina, M.A. Shlenkina, K.E. Efendieva with the RAMS Certificates of Merit.
The most prominent scientists and mentors of young scientists have for many years been conferred the title of “The Professor Emeritus of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health” as per resolution of the Scientific Council of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health. This year, RAS and RAMS academician A.A. Baranov presented Certificates of Professor Emeritus of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health to M.I. Bakanov, V.G. Pinelis, N.N. Vaganov (RCCH) and V.L. Zelman (University of Southern California, USA).
The Union of Pediatricians of Russia instituted their own award of honor – Medal for Distinguished Service in the sphere of children’s health protection – in commemoration of famous Russian pediatrician, academician Georgiy Nestorovich Speranskiy to mark the anniversary. Academician Alexander Alexandrovich Baranov was awarded with Medal #1 as per unanimous resolution of the Executive Committee of the Union of Pediatricians of Russia. The medals were also presented to such renowned and well-respected by both colleagues and patients Professors, as Karelia Sergeevna Ladodo, Elena Cheslavovna Novikova, Vladimir Kirillovich Tatochenko and Nikolay Pavlovich Shabalov.
The number of works from different regions for the first ever competition for the best history feature essay about the history of Russian pediatrics was striking: many medical workers and patients cherish and are eager to share warm memory of deceased pediatricians and stories about the contemporaries, whom they admire and are proud of.
The following participants were awarded in the nomination “History of pediatric service formation in the region. History of the scientific school”:
- The 1st place certificate was presented to N.P. Shabalov and L.V. Erman (Saint Petersburg) for essay “Pediatric healthcare in the besieged Leningrad”;
- The 2nd place certificate was presented to L.A. Reshetnik (Irkutsk) for essay “Backgrounds of the Siberian pediatrics”;
- The 3rd place certificate was presented to L.I. Sokolova (Yoshkar-Ola) for essay “History of pediatric service foundation in the Mari El Republic”.
The following participants were awarded in the nomination “History of the pediatric establishment. History of the department of pediatrics”:
- The 1st place certificate was presented to M.N. Kuznetsova (Moscow) for essay “Glimpses into the history of pediatric service”;
- The 2nd place certificate was presented to T.A. Gubareva (Ulyanovsk) for essay “It is just the beginning”;
- The 3rd place certificate was presented to S.D. Batoev (Ulan-Ude) for essay “A thorny path from the first pediatric clinical unit to the children’s republican clinical hospital in Buryatia”.
The following participants were awarded in the nomination “Story about a pediatrician”:
- The 1st place certificate was presented to V.P. Vavilova (Kemerovo) for essay “Galina Ignatyevna Zavadskaya as the founding mother of medical history of the city”;
- The 1st place certificate was presented to a group of authors from Perm – N.V. Minaeva, A.A. Gaslova, L.V. Sofronova and N.I. Averyanova for essay “Pavel Ivanovich Pichugin as the founding father of the Perm school of pediatrics”;
- The 2nd place certificate was presented to N.A. Khanova (Perm) for essay “My dear Professor Natalia Ivanovna Averyanova”.
- The 2nd place certificate was presented to I.A. Lukina (Dolgoprudny) for essay “My mother Dr. Rosa Borisovna Ender”.
Director of the children’s clinical at the University of Foggia (Italy), General Secretary of the European Pediatric Association, Professor Emeritus of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health Massimo Pettoello-Mantovani had prepared another surprise: he presented RAS and RAMS academician A.A. Baranov and RAMS corresponding member L.S. Namazova-Baranova with Certificates of Professor Emeritus of the University of Foggia.
Festive atmosphere was maintained by a popular television anchorwoman Svetlana Zeynalova, famous artists and performance ensembles: Loktev Children’s Song and Dance Ensemble, People’s Artist of the USSR Iosif Kobzon, Olga Kormukhina, music bands “Korni” and “Quattro”, soloists of the Pyatnitsky State Academic Russian Folk Chorus, Moscow Dance Ensemble “Alania” and grant holders of the Yuri Rozum International Charitable Foundation.
In the end of the ceremony, those present sang anthem of pediatricians of Russia as per tradition.
The scientific part of the Conference consisted of 44 symposiums and 2 meetings with Professors, where 175 reports were heard. 2 of the symposiums were dedicated to the aspects of work of pediatric nurses.
Academicians of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences N.I. Briko, Y.V. Lobzin and RAMS corresponding members I.I. Balabolkin, L.S. Namazova-Baranova and I.E. Chazova took active part in the meetings.
Such leading foreign scientists as M. Goveya (USA), J. Ami Diaz (Portugal), G. Dbaibo (Lebanon), A. Garcia (Spain), M. Pirez (Uruguay), E. Monti (Italy), F. Eigenmann (Switzerland) and K. Ekoldt-Alfei (Germany) delivered lectures as well. Neither language barriers nor intense schedule of the conference prevented the professionals interested in each other from communicating. It should be especially noted that many practicing doctors came to listen to the leading specialists at the weekend not only from Moscow, but from many regions (almost 1,300 participants).
The festival has finished, but the story of the Scientific Center of Children’s Health and of the state system of children’s health protection in Russia continues to unfold. There is still much to be done in order for the dream of head pediatrician of the RF, academician A.A. Baranov “that every child in Russia would grow up healthy and happy” to come true.